Sunday 23 December 2007

I'm Back

'Last post August' Yes unfortunately I've neglected my blogging, blame a busy schedule and lots of training!
To pick up, I was on a cutting diet - let me tell you now, it went to pot mainly due to doing so much, and needing the carbs i was cutting down on. Howeverrrrrr, I was 13 stone and im now 13.7, meaning a gain of 7 lbs of muscle! No, I didn't use loads of supplements and no I didn't spend hours upon hours at the gym, it's all down to my dieting. When I was 'cutting' I realised, it is all about what you eat and when you eat it that counts. So I sat down for hours and hours and worked out a meal plan with set times. I was eating good before but not seeing big gains as soften as I should. My diet is clean as anything, I do have the occasional chocolate and I do like my take away foods every so often but as stated.........'every so often'. My diet looks something like this:

MORNING
  • 8 raw eggs (1 whole - rest are whites)
  • 1/8 of a melon
  • 15ml Flax seed oil
  • Oats with milk and mixed fruit
MID-MORNING SNACK
  • 2 scoops of Mass Gainer with milk
LUNCH
  • 1 cup of brown/white rice
  • Chicken Fillet
  • Steam Vegetables
  • Omega-3 Mayonnaise (very sparingly)
PRE-WORKOUT
  • Lucozade Orange
  • Apple
POST-WORKOUT
  • 2 Scoops of Mass Gainer with water
LUNCH 2
  • Same as LUNCH 1 but adding an actimel and nut-mix
DINNER
  • Chicken Fillet, steamed vegetables and a jacket potato with Omega-3 butter and gravy
BEDTIME SNACK
  • 2 Pints of semi-skimmed milk (1% fat)
...All of this sufice's me with around 5000 calories daily, quite alot aye!
I don't reccomend anyone eat like this unless they are training a minimum of 5 times weekly, you will put on so much weight, by the end of the month, doors will become a nightmare!
Now your probably thinking, why arn't you putting on weight and how do you know its not fat your putting on - simple...5000 calories daily gives me 35000 calories weekly - therefore in theory, if I wasnt training i'd be putting on about 10lbs weekly of fat, however in the space of 4 months, I have lost 3% bodyfat and put on 7lbs of pure, lean muscle just proves, diet is the key to success.

The New Year is approaching fast and I can't wait till it arrives. Creatine will become my new best friend as of January the 2nd and I'm hoping to see some massive gains within the first month - the biggest gains are reported to be 13lbs in one month - lets hope so!!!

Keep Posted...Next blog entry February 1st 2008!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

"Embrace the Pain"

No comments: