Monday 27 August 2007

Cutting Diet.........

Current Stats:
182 Pounds/13 Stone/82 Kilo's
I'd like to know ACCURATELY my body fat percentage but I think it's currently around (but not over) 20%. It was 15 before I started killing all foods - this is what happens when you cane the pasta! I realisticly am aiming to get to 10% within the next couple of months.
It's going to take some good old fashioned determination and sweat, but hey, i've lost 5 stone before!
The difference between cutting and full-blown dieting is that, rather than trying to lose as much weight as possible in the shortest amount of time, when you are cutting your looking to do just that. You want to cut as much fat away as possible from your body, the less fat, the more defined your muscles! This is particulary important when for 6-7 months all i've been doing is pumping weights, I want to really see them now!
So, how exactly am I going to do this? Well I shall tell you....
I first worked out how many calories my body needs daily (this is vital as without knowing this you cannot accurately put a defecit into your diet) my personal daily allowance is 2987 calories.

I'm taking in around 316g of protein which is 1.75 (1.5-2.0 is generally what a person needs when lifting weights and wants to gain muscles) * 182 (which is my weight in lb's).
This equals about 1264.6 calories.

about 161g of carbohydrates which is just under 2g of carbohydrates * 82(weight in kilo's). By the way here your probably thinking 82 * 2 is 164, however the food i eat went over that so I had to take out a few grams of certain foods so it went down by 3g.
This equals 645 calories.

...and finally 55g of fat (this should be higher but this does include saturated fats aswell - under 10g) This should be also a big equation but i'll be honest, i cant remember it! This does however equal 498 calories.

So...in total all of this equals 2408 calories making a defecit of 579.
Over a total of 7 days this makes 4053 calorie defecit. A pound of fat is around 3500 so in theory i should lose about 1 pound and a bit of fat a week.
I will be exercising and weitlifting aswell. After every workout I shall do 30mins of stationary cycling, burning off about an extra 300 calories, equating to about 2lb's of fat weekly.

Wish me luck, i'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Alickskid said...

Sounds good, amigo!