Thursday 26 July 2007

Back Workout (monday)

Had a brilliant back workout monday.
Pre-workout....2 apples and an actimel (if im feeling fatigued I usually have a serving of Soy Protein as it contains around 17% glutamine)
Started off with incline bench pull (barbell) managed to do
  • 40Kg - 10
  • 90Kg - 6
  • 70Kg - 8

Followed by my favourite back exercise DEADLIFTS!!!!

  • 80Kg - 10
  • 130Kg - 8
  • 160Kg - 4 - 130Kg - 6

Followed by T-Bar Rows - some people prefer to hold the same bar the weight is on with this, however I believe a wide-grip (achieve this by adding another bar horizintally pushed between weights) develops a much better back concentrating on the middle and upper back!

  • 40Kg - 10
  • 80Kg - 10
  • 95Kg - 8

Followed by middle back shrugs - im forced at the moment to only use 25kg dumb-bells as my gym only supplies up to 25Kg dumb-bells (thats why i'm changing gym at the end of this month!!!!!!)

  • 25Kg - 10
  • 25Kg - 10
  • 25Kg - 10

At the end of my workout I always enjoy doing weighted Hyper-extensions (dont ask how I manage them after lifting 160Kg Deadlifts - but somehow I do?)

  • 30Kg - 10 - then 10 with no weights
  • 30Kg - 8 - 10 no weight
  • 30Kg - 8 - 10 no weight

Post - Workout......60g Whey Protein.......60g Soy Protein.........Apple ( I deserve it )

Usually by the time I get home its like an hour later and then I whip up 3 chicken fillets either with extremely low-fat curry sauce, basmati rice OR wholegrain pasta, pasta sauce, mushrooms, onions etc. I have 3 fillets of chicken every night without fail, giving me an intake of around 120g of protein (my daily intake is 229gms so this helps alot!) I always try and replace my carbs on workout days, but I do carb-cycle - no training = no carbs - training = carbs!

Watch this space......

No comments: